Saturday, January 27, 2007

Response to Total Artwork

Richard Wagner's Total Artwork concepts has broaden my idea of multimedia beyond computer and user interaction. Wagner created the Festpielhaus Theater with creating great impact and experience on his audiences in mind. By integrating all art elements and paying equal attention all from lighting, sound, poetry to actors and stagecraft, he was able to utilize these arts and delivered full range of human experiences.

Computer graphics and multimedia applications such as Director, Photoshops are tools/components just like music instruments and script in a theater, but what matters the most are what we create with these tools and how we utilize them to achieve our objects.
From Wagner's idea, I have learned that in order to give my audience great impact from my ideas, I must put equal amount of considerations and designs into every single elements within my work.

In computer multimedia, all elements within the application should be considered. From my choice of music, background settings, tempo, to where the user interactions should happen and when they should happen, all these components will greatly effect the final delivery of realistic experience of my application to users.

No comments: